Header Ads

ABOUT US

 About learn-state

Bringing you tutorials since the turn of the millennium!

Hi. My name is Ian. I'm the creator of https://learn-state.blogspot.com/ and I provide the content.

I started creating websites in 1996. The web was a lot different back then!

In fact, once I studied graphic design and marketing within the mid 1990s, the word "website" was never mentioned. Not once. Most people had never heard of a "website". Yet, within a couple of short years, my graphic design knowledge was being applied almost solely towards building websites.

I then dedicated six years to studying IT. This saw me building computers, designing and fixing networks, designing databases, writing third-generation programs, oh... and developing websites.

All this study resulted in me working during a range of graphic design, web development, IT, and marketing roles, also as independent contract beat the years.

Why I created learn-state

I initially created learn-state in order to point web developers to resources that could potentially help them build better websites. Some of these resources were available from the learn-state website itself, others were from third party websites.

I then began writing tutorials that could help beginners build websites, and even start a career in website development. I know how difficult it are often for somebody when beginning to learn a replacement technology. My aim with learn-state is to "de-mystify" these technologies as quickly as possible and to provide a general overview of each technology first (rather than jumping straight into the technical details). Having said that, I do provide technical details where it's required.

Over time, I've added more and more tutorials, code libraries, and code generators.

Although I started the learn-statet website in 2000, the idea behindlearn-state actually began around 1996 — when I started creating websites for the University of Sydney. As my knowledge expanded, i assumed "What if I write down this new-found knowledge and publish it on my website?". 

Free Content

My intention is to stay the content absolutely free. Rather than charge for the content, I like better to use advertising to hide the prices of running the web site . This way, the content can remain free for anyone who wishes to look at it. For more information, see my affiliate disclosure.

If you find the content on learn-state useful, please consider linking to learn-state or mentioning learn-state on social media.

Thanks for visiting, and I hope you find learn-state useful!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.